Time has flown by and the dance recital is almost here. We have less than 2 weeks left until the big day!
With that said it is extremely important that everyone attend these last 2 weeks of classes. This week will go as normally scheduled, but next week there is some changes to the schedule in order to allow all classes to meet before rehearsal on Thursday the 24th. The schedule for the week of April 21-26 will be sent out later this week.
Key things to note:
1. Individual pictures need to be turned into us via email or print no later than Friday, April 18th for the slide show and yearbook. If you had pictures taken by Justin we will already have one.
2. If you would like to order a yearbook(s) they are $20 and will include an individual shot of each child in the class, pictures from class time, rehearsal and recital. These are individualized to each age group. If you would like to see an example of one from last year ask any one of us in the office.
3. Tickets are available for purchase. You will receive 2 with each recital fee that you paid and may purchase more for $5 each. We have a limit of 8 per family total.
4. There is a very important set of sign-up sheets in the waiting room that we need every family to look at please. It is the areas that we greatly need help regarding stage set up, rehearsal night cleanup, and recital afternoon cleanup. We need everyone's help. We can not do it all ourselves. We greatly appreciate all those who volunteer their time to help us; no job is to small!
5. Please double check the color of tights and shoes that are required for your child's dances. The pictures are posted on the wall on the waiting room and on the blog @ www.weareffam.blogspot.com click on the costume info tab.
6. A couple of our dance teachers are available to help with hair and/or make-up the morning of the recital. It is $5 for hair and $5 for make up. They have a sign up sheet hanging up in the waiting room as well. For recital, hair is to be in a bun unless it is too short, in that case it needs to be pulled out of the face. As for make-up, that is not a requirement but a personal choice made by you the parent.
7. If your dancer has a costume in need of alterations, Mrs. Mims is going to be at the studio this Thursday, April 17th, 6:00-7:45. She is offering this service at no charge.
8. Jenni Hough is planning on having pizza, snacks, and drinks available for purchase the night of the rehearsal. She also will have balloons and roses available for purchase the morning of the recital. We will have more informant regarding prices and the option of pre-ordering later this week.
As a staff we are super excited to see all our performers on the stage performing the numbers they have worked so hard learning. Most importantly we want to see them having fun and doing so all for the glory of God. "Let them praise his name in the dance..." Psalms 149:3
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.